Neurosurgery as most people consider, a brain surgery, is not just that. It is related to the treatment and diagnosis of patients with the injury such as the spinal cord, brain, and peripheral nerves. It is concerned with the surgical treatment, prevention, and rehabilitation of these disorders affecting the portion of the nervous system. Neurosurgical care includes not only adult care but also pediatric patients. The surgical and/or non-surgical care is provided by the neurosurgeon based on the disease or injury.
Who is a Neurosurgeon?
A neurosurgeon is a medically trained neurosurgical specialist who not only specializes in surgery on the nervous system, especially the brain and spinal cord but also aid patients suffering from back and neck pain, head trauma, clogged arteries, birth defects as well as a host of other illnesses, for instance neurodegenerative disorders such as Parkinson’s disease, or chronic pain condition such as Trigeminal neuralgia.
Neurosurgeons provide a 6 step management of the neurological disorder, also referred to as the operative and non-operative management, which includes:
- Critical care
The Characteristics of a good Neurosurgeon
A successful neurosurgeon should not only possess the characteristics of good expertise and training but also require a certain personal and professional characteristics in their field in order to be effective.
- Attention to detail and precision: The two most significant characteristics are ATTENTION and PRECISION. In order to perform tasks like tying surgical knots or placing aneurysm clips, neurosurgeons should have a high level of manual dexterity. Excellent coordination is also a key feature.
- Managing Stress Effectively: As neurosurgeons deal with a number of patients with a variety of disorders and conditions, some of which can be life-threatening. Their high caseload and work requires an ability to perform under pressure and a great deal of concentration too.
- Problem-solving and information gathering abilities: The ability to effectively collect and use scientific information, including information that is obtained from patient examinations is another important characteristic of a good neurosurgeon. Neurosurgery is a constantly growing and evolving field, which makes it crucial for neurosurgeons to stay on top of recent developments in practice and research. Neurosurgeons are bound to be committed to lifelong learning.
Here is a list of some of the best neurosurgeon in India
- SANDEEP VAISHYA Neurosurgeon, Gurgaon, India.
Director, with 20 years of experience, MBBS, MS, MCh, Fellowship at Mayo Clinic, USA. Dr. Sandeep works in Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurgaon.
He specializes in Intracranial Brain Tumour Surgery, Deep Brain Stimulation Surgery, Minimally Invasive brain and spine surgery and Image-Guided Neurosurgery, Brachial Plexus Surgery and Spine Surgery in India.
- DR ADITYA GUPTA Neurosurgeon, Gurgaon, India.
Director with 21 years of experience, MBBS, MCh, Fellowship. Works in Artemis Hospital, Gurgaon. He is a Chief – Neurosurgery & CNS Radiosurgery & Co-Chief – Cyberknife Centre He is known for his excellent surgical techniques for a wide variety of brain tumors, with an emphasis on microsurgery and radiosurgery.
- DR VP SINGH Chairman with 30 years of experience.
Qualifications : DNB,MCh,MBBS.Works in Medanta – the medicity, Gurgaon.
Dr. VP Singh has operated over 400 intracranial aneurysm cases and has published more than 70 scientific papers and chapters in books.
- DR ATUL PRASAD Neurologist with 26 years of experience.
Qualifications: MBBS, DM BLK SUPER SPECIALITY HOSPITAL, NEW DELHI. Dr. Atul Prasad is currently associated as the Director & HOD at Neurology Department at BLK Super Speciality Hospital, New Delhi. He specializes in Movement Disorder (Parkinson’s disease and Botulinum Toxin Injection), Stroke: Acute Stroke Unit.
- M R SIVAKUMAR Neurologist, Chennai, India
Consultant with 33 years of experience, DM, MD, MBBS Dr. Sivakumar is an expert in brain surgery, headache treatment, and brain mapping.
For a complete list, you can connect with Vaidam Health that is NABH certified platform that guides you for your treatment in India and helps you to connect with best neurosurgeon in india. All you need to do is send your inquiry or give a call and expert medical adviser will provide you complete knowledge for your treatment process and helps you to make the right medical choice.