Want to configure your Netgear WiFi extender on Xbox 360 gaming console? If yes, your search ends here. The process to connect the Xbox 360 console to your WiFi range extender is very easy to understand and execute. As soon as the connection has made, you can effortlessly stream content from it via Xbox Live. But before that, make sure you have successfully set up your Netgear wireless extender via www.mywifiext.net web address.
After installing and configuring the Netgear WiFi range extender, you can connect as many devices to the wireless network as you want. To add an Xbox 360 gaming console to the Netgear extender’s network, follow the steps given below:
- First of all, make a connection between the network adapter and your networking device. You can find the adapter on the console. It helps you in connecting the device to the Ethernet port.
- The main function of the Xbox 360 gadget is to connect to all gaming adapters to the Ethernet port.
- Power on your device and navigate to wireless settings using the remote. Once there, click on the Network option.
- You can see the wireless network settings under the Advanced menu. Now, click on the Edit button.
- Choose the Netgear_ext wireless network. It is the SSID of your Netgear wireless range extender. Otherwise, the SSID of your extender will be shown on the screen of your gaming console. In this case, all you have to do is click on the Specify unlisted network option.
- Now, you will need to type the SSID.
- After that, select the Network type. This mode especially comes handy for wireless routers.
- Choose the security type now. Make sure that it matches with that of your Netgear extender.
- On the off chance that you choose the WPA option on your router, then it must be available on the Xbox 360 console.
- In case your Xbox doesn’t support the security type, then you have to choose WEP. Let us clarify here that a regular Xbox provides support for WPA while the standard Xbox wireless adapter supports WEP only.
- At last, save the settings before leaving the web page.
Now, it is recommended to test the network to check whether everything is working fine or not. You can see the live connection status on your desktop screen. In case there is any issue, you have to diagnose it first and then fix it.
Troubleshooting Xbox 360 Connection Issues
Even after making proper connections, a few technical issues may exist. In such cases, the basic troubleshooting step is to check the firewall settings of your router. If there is any issue with the firewall settings, it means that your router as well as the internet may be at risk. After that, check the internet connection. On the off chance that it is Ok but the issue is still there, then the problem is either with your Xbox gaming console or the extender.
In case of the issue related to your Netgear WiFi range extender, access the Netgear genie smart setup wizard via a web browser and check the extender’s connection. If everything is fine with the extender, the issue is with your Xbox gaming console. In this case, you need to get it checked with the online technical experts.